Dance and MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dance and MS

Hi everyone! I'm a new member, and I am so glad that I stumbled on this site.

I am a dance teacher (ballet, jazz, tap, etc) and am wondering if there are any other dancers or dance teachers on the site.
    Just like all of you, I have difficulty doing what I love to do, but have learned to compensate (still learning).

You are all very inspiring!

dance and ms

Hi there,
    I love to dance. The secret is to stay flexible with the type of yoga and stretching that works for you and to dance at your own pace. I have been enjoying zumba lately; also use cds. Gave up the professional aspect for a more desk based profession only because I don't much enjoy teaching anymore.

Comment

Marilou, I teach ballroom, swing, and latin dancing. Let me know what specific issues you are having and I may or may not be able to relate.

visit www.rumbalsa.com

Comment

Do any of you dance types by chance live in the Washington DC area?

Am starting a support group in the fall focused on getting MSers to exercise mentally and physically as part of disease management.

Want to expose people who come to the group to different forms of exercise - and dance is one of them! So....if live in the DC area let me know and let's see if can have you come and teach a session on dance. Support group meetings will take place on the second Saturday of the month @ 10am beginning in October.

Comment

Originally posted by garyp View Post
          Am starting a support group in the fall focused on getting MSers to exercise mentally and physically as part of disease management.

Want to expose people who come to the group to different forms of exercise - and dance is one of them! So....if live in the DC area let me know and let's see if can have you come and teach a session on dance. Support group meetings will take place on the second Saturday of the month @ 10am beginning in October.
          Hi, I dance and I'm in DC! I would love to take part in your event. I dance swing and ballroom and started in ballet. Dancing is what's keeping me going. I never want to stop dancing so I'm doing all I can to stave off MS.

Comment

HI Alinacg:

Would be great to get you involved!

As each support group session will take place in a Montgomery County recreational building, they have certain requirements for anyone leading one of our sessions i.e. some level of certification and/or experience teaching the relevant topic. Also...each instructor we find for each of the many topics I hope to expose the group to can only lead a maximum of one session...long story as to why

Do you have any kind of dance teaching certification or documented experience teaching dance?

Comment

Working...
            X