The pains of a 3-week break, lessons learned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The pains of a 3-week break, lessons learned

I'm getting back into my exercise routine after a three-week escape to France. Naturally I started with a hard routine. And now I'm sore. My legs hurt, my arms hurt, my abs hurt. I think I should have done more exercise on vacation than merely lifting a fork and a wine glass. But I could and should have done more stretching while on holiday. My hams are now especially tight and it will take time to get them loose again. So don't do what I did and keep stretching. In the hotel. In line. While eating gelato. Wherever.

Do you guys tend to overdo it when returning to exercise after a layoff?
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Originally posted by ActiveMSers View Post
    I'm getting back into my exercise routine after a three-week escape to France. Naturally I started with a hard routine. And now I'm sore. My legs hurt, my arms hurt, my abs hurt. I think I should have done more exercise on vacation than merely lifting a fork and a wine glass. But I could and should have done more stretching while on holiday. My hams are now especially tight and it will take time to get them loose again. So don't do what I did and keep stretching. In the hotel. In line. While eating gelato. Wherever.

Do you guys tend to overdo it when returning to exercise after a layoff?
    Hi Dave,

glad to hear you enjoyed your vacation. Thank you for the tips about stretching. Would you believe, that is something I never do? I will start doing it now. I have been determined at the gym since going back in April. I have been going Monday through Friday, religiously. I know what you mean about tending to overdue it when you first get back. I think that is normal. I sorta did it when I first got back. Now it is just a routine. One thing I wish I could get rid of is my limp. I am hoping the stretching might help? We shall see!

Stella

Comment

Working...
    X