My Skirt: Silverts Disabled Elderly Needs Adaptive Wrap Skirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Skirt: Silverts Disabled Elderly Needs Adaptive Wrap Skirt

Silverts Disabled Elderly Needs Adaptive Wrap Skirt.

So hip, so metro. Basically, it was a polyester wrap with Velcro, so I could leave the skirt on the wheelchair when I transferred over to the commode. Freaking brilliant! I, however, would have preferred something slightly more fashion forward than black poly with a strip of Velcro that was slightly wider than a pencil so it didn’t have to line up PERFECTLY. But I can’t complain because the company sent me an extra dress for free. What’s not to like about free?

“Dave, why are you wearing a tablecloth?” was the question every friend asked when they saw my new attire. Now I know why they unloaded an extra dress on me. Except for the Velcro, it was virtually impossible to tell the difference between unfashionable dress and something you’d find on a plywood table at a cheesy banquet. And it was so slickery that it just slid off my wheelchair onto the floor whenever I tried to use the facilities. And then there was the exposure risk, as crossing my legs in my disabled state wasn’t practical and—and I’m being given the “cut” sign again by my wife.
    • Hook and Loop closure
    • Machine Wash
    • Easily adjustable Hook and Loop fastener tabs
    • Terrific for Arthritic Hands
    • Machine Washable
    • Terrific for those who are disabled or wheelchair dependent
    • Unconditional Money Back Guarantee
    https://www.amazon.com/Adaptive-Wrap.../dp/B07CKHPRS8
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

How about Scots warrior look? kilt with Velcro?

https://sportkilt.com/product-catego...al-sport-kilt/
    Last edited by cl3me; 04-26-2022, 09:16 PM.
    Callenge life before life challenges you - from inside collar of my "Bike Off More Than You Chew" bike jersey

Comment

This goes with Chapter 5: The Pit of Despair
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

With my career in the fashion industry for over 30 years, including 12 in menswear, I have developed some work around adaptive clothes for the non ambulatory me. I have the "luxury " of wearing a dress. You might want to consider adopting a modified sherwani or kurta paired with thigh high leg warmers as pants. Should anyone ask, you can tell them you picked them up during your year visiting India. Thinking of you both.

Comment

Working...
        X