Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Antibiotics taken through Oct 22 with culture results (Chapt 7)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antibiotics taken through Oct 22 with culture results (Chapt 7)

Bactrim, Jul 28, 2020 [streptococcus agalactiae]
    Bactrim, Sep 4, 2020
    Nitrofurantoin, Sep 28, 2020
    Cephalexin, Oct 16, 2020 [streptococcus agalactiae]
    Cephalexin, Dec 2, 2020
    Cephalexin, Feb 1, 2021
    Bactrim, Feb 14, 2021
    [Nitrofurantoin MICRO DOSE for MAINTENANCE, Apr 19, 2021]
    Ciprofloxacin, May 22, 2021
    Nitrofurantoin, July 12, 2021 [USED MICRO 4X, 5 DAYS per DR FORD]
    [Nitrofurantoin MICRO DOSE for MAINTENANCE, Aug 26, 2021]
    Ciprofloxacin, Sep 22, 2021 [staphylococcus epidermidis]
    Nitrofurantoin, Sep 28, 2021
    Ciprofloxacin, Oct 18, 2021
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

So sorry you are going through all of this, You said maybe you didn’t have MS in the beginning of your memoir. Are you thinking you have a stealth infection or virus? People don’t know much about stealth viruses, but they can hide in the brain. If I remember correctly, they can be passed to a fetus and come from even a mother’s childhood vaccinations. It’s been a while since I researched them. I know about the link between EBV and MS, but I wonder if it’s even more complex than that. Supposedly, most people on earth have been exposed to EBV. I don’t remember ever getting it, and all the tests I had over the years were negative. Makes you wonder. Pray you can get control of your UTIs.

Comment

I am impatiently waiting for chapter 7. My mind keeps going to Lyme. I was diagnosed with Lyme and MS. Some of what you write screams Lyme. Testing for it sucks and is unreliable and it's underdiagnosed. However, I hope it's something that has a cure!
      Last edited by Pistachio; 06-22-2022, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Have any of your docs considered a permanent, maintenance dosage of antibiotics?

Comment

oh Dave, I'm sorry you are going through all this. I hope you are getting the answers you need to care for yourself. hugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistachio View Post
            I am impatiently waiting for chapter 7. My mind keeps going to Lyme. I was diagnosed with Lyme and MS. Some of what you write screams Lyme. Testing for it sucks and is unreliable and it's underdiagnosed. However, I hope it's something that has a cure!
            I KNEW IT!!!! Gosh, Dave. If it's Lyme, I'm sorry. It's awful! I was diagnosed with Lyme and MS. They say Lyme can be treated but chronic Lyme???? I'm not sold. I still have Lyme symptoms. And there is a lot of research that shows Lyme stays dormant in the body and resurfaces once it has been treated with antibiotics but then reproduces enough to cause havoc once again.

Dave, did you ever have a spinal tap for MS? Was it positive? Did it show oligoclonal bands? I only ask as I, too, had a spinal tap that showed bands and, hence, confirmed MS. But, apparently, it's not out of the question for Lyme to show bands.

Reading those words, “I don’t have MS. I have Lyme disease.”, had a HUGE impact on me. I feel a little numb now. Am I also a person who does NOT have MS but actually (still) has LYME????? My head is spinning.
            Last edited by Pistachio; 07-06-2022, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Even though I also suspected you were going to say Lyme, Dave, it’s still breathtaking to read it! I hope this means you with the help of your medical team (a new one, perhaps?) can find a way to address many of these issues and give you back your good/better/close-to-preMS health and life. Eagerly awaiting the next chapter!

Comment

It's kind of funny. I've had this thought building for a few years. MS presents in so many ways, and there is always some new theory as to the cause with corroborating evidence. We all know the usual suspects; vitamin d deficiency, eb virus, Lyme, etc. What if they're all right? What if MS isn't 1 disease, but our bodies response to different stimuli? I'm a prime candidate for Lyme, but also had a severe case of mono as a teen. A naturopath sent my blood to Germany, it came back + according to their tests, but - here. Maybe they can't find the "cure" because there could be many depending on cause. All that being said... I don't know what to do with my ideas.... but I'm rooting for Dave!

Comment

Hey Dave! Nice to see that you finally came out of the "Lyme Closet." I have been following every chapter in your book and it has been a real journey! Good writing kept me always looking for the new post weekly. This new section coming out on 13 July will be as awesome as everything previous to it, I'm sure! From your friend and "Co-Lyme Conspirator" - Just Another Dave, still fighting the fight!

Comment

Working...
                  X