Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie Premiere: The Quiet Epidemic (Sep 20)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie Premiere: The Quiet Epidemic (Sep 20)

Synopsis: The Quiet Epidemic calls the treatment of Lyme disease “one of the most controversial, divisive, and vicious medical debates in medicine today.” Following Julia, a wheelchair-bound teenager taken ill three years before filming, and Neil, a Harvard trained oncologist who turns to Lyme disease research after his own misdiagnosis, the film embarks on an emotional, yet scientific journey towards understanding chronic Lyme disease. Ignored by most of the medical establishment, and abandoned by insurance companies and the pharmaceutical industry, these patients fight for validation and health. Documenting research, testing, vaccines, diagnosis (and mis-diagnosis), heart disease, brain damage, and death, this story is heartbreaking, yet hopeful. Drawn to the subject by personal experience, directors Lindsay Keys and Winslow Crane-Murdoch presents a paper trail of suppressed scientific research and buried documents that reveal why tick-borne diseases have been allowed to quietly spread around the globe. For so many residents of the Hudson Valley who have experienced the wrath of Lyme disease, this story touches us deeply. - Sabina Barach

About the Filmmakers: Lindsay Keys is a director, producer, cinematographer, and photographer based in the desert outside of Los Angeles. She has shot still and motion content for clients ranging from Bernie Sanders to The Whitney Museum. Her photography has been exhibited internationally, published in The New York Times, Time Out Magazine, Interview Magazine, and auctioned at Christie’s. While attending Wesleyan University (‘11), Lindsay’s health began deteriorating with no explanation. Upon getting a diagnosis of Lyme disease in 2015, she began working on The Quiet Epidemic, and spent the next seven years dedicated to its completion. This is her first feature film.

Winslow Crane-Murdoch is a director, cinematographer, and editor based in Portland, OR. Since graduating from Connecticut College in 2013, where he studied film, his work has taken him across the country and overseas. He made an episodic series about student loan debt, hiked and filmed a 3,000 km walk across New Zealand for Outside Television, and has shot and directed for large brands and political campaigns. He was diagnosed with Lyme disease in 2015 and began working on The Quiet Epidemic shortly after. This is his first feature film.

www.thequietepidemic.com
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

I watched the trailer but can't seem to see where it says you can watch the actual movie.

ETA: I found it. I assumed you could pay to stream it online. No Canadian dates, though. Canada always gets missed.
    Last edited by Pistachio; 09-27-2022, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Speaking of the trailer, here it is:
      https://watch.eventive.org/woodstock...0063688539?m=1

It was a well-done film. Another good Lyme movie is Under Our Skin from 2008, which you can rent via streaming. The parallels between this and the new movie just released are disturbing.

https://underourskin.com/film
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

I have purchased multiple copies of "Under Our Skin" to give to health care providers to review. Next Dr. Appt. 31 October 22 with PCP. Will see if it made any difference.

Comment

I just watched The Quiet Epidemic and it's very good. A really great job of showing the federal, insurance and medical communities in their denial mode. I hope the program will be available in DVD form.

Comment

Working...
          X