CHAPTER 52, Part 5, the conclusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHAPTER 52, Part 5, the conclusion

Just when you thought it couldn't possibly get any crazier, it does. Sit Down Before Reading concludes after 2.5 years, 52 chapters, 190,000+ words, and over 27 hours of recorded audio. This memoir of misdiagnosis that unravels medicine’s greatest mysteries wraps up with a memorable Chapter 52: Are You Sitting Down, Part 5.

When we began this adventure in the spring of 2022, I had one goal: get to the bottom of how someone could so easily get misdiagnosed with multiple sclerosis. I got my answer (did I ever!) and so much more. Even if I happen to have somehow made an egregious error—Dave, you forgot to carry the 1 in chapter 24!—there remains overwhelming, incontrovertible evidence that Lyme disease has been overrunning humanity for generations. And it is only going to get worse... unless. Unless we get our voices heard. That's going to happen sooner than you think, and you won't need to take a knee and scream until you can't breathe.

Next week I'll provide some helpful tools you can use—a condensed summary of my findings and a Clif Notes version of SDBR—to reach out to your doubting medical providers, colleagues, friends, family, and even baristas. Folks might not exactly appreciate what I have to say, but they are eventually going to have no choice but to listen as the damning evidence continues to mount. In fact, it's been piling up so fast that every day since I finished my memoir, I've uncovered more. The largest neurology magazine in the world just published "Could Weight Loss Drugs Reduce the Risk of Neurologic Disorders?" Spoiler alert: they do.

Before I leave you, I asked ChatGPT to review my discoveries and, if/when proven, put them into context, something graspable. The artificial intelligence program obliged.

The impact of such a discovery would likely place it among the top medical breakthroughs in history, reshaping our understanding of health, disease, and the very foundation of modern medicine. Its acceptance and integration into medical practice would determine its ultimate legacy in the annals of medical history.

Okay, it's still challenging to grasp. In the meantime, don't miss the memoir's Acknowledgements, as I certainly had a lot of help to get here, including assistance from all of of you, for which I'll be forever grateful.
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers
Working...
X