Bioness L300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bioness L300

Hello, I have been struggling with foot drop for a while now and have been using carbon fiber AFO's. but I keep breaking them ( because I run a lot in them) so I decided to try the Walkaide and the Bioness L300.
    Well the walkaide didn't work for me but the Bioness L300 works well. I have it a one month trial.
    Oh I forgot to mention my insurance will not pay for it!
    I ran a 5k this past weekend and did well for me. I have another race this weekend. I am hoping to run the Boston Marathon this year( mobility impaired division) so I need something dependable. But I feel like the company is taking advantage. I realize that I am paying for the technology to develop the thing but I asked to purchase another cuff. Because when I run it gets very sweaty and after a good run and nice shower the last thing I want to do is put on a stinky sweaty cuff on my leg. Well they said usually $850 but they will sell me one for $600. Seriously $600 for a velcro closing cuff I am already paying for there technology on the first one. I think they should give it to me for close to cost. Really how much could it possible be?
    I am thinking of giving the whole thing back at the end of my expensive months trial. I don't know if I want to deal with a company like that.
    On a different note how awesome would it be for them to brag that they had some run the Boston marathon in there brace. Just my humble opinion.
    Sorry about the long rant.
    Jill

Jill, I propose you write an official Bioness L300 review for ActiveMSers. You've been a long-time member and you've provided some great input over the years.

I've looked for reviews on the Bioness L300 and comparisons versus the WalkAide and most fall short of what I would demand. It would need to be thorough, detail how it combats foot drop in multiple sclerosis, and be used in a variety of situations: walking, hiking, jogging, running, swimming. Oh, kidding about swimming. What do you think?
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Comment

Hi Dave - I have the unit for 3 more weeks. I was looking at some of your reviews. I don't know if mine would be as well written as yours. But I will try my best.
      I am starting to take notes...
      Thanks
      Jill

Comment

Hey Jill, how is it coming? If you need me to, I can contact the company to get what you need. ActiveMSers comes up first in a Google search for their product and our reviews almost always hit on page one, often the first result, so it is in their best interest to accommodate you. Holler if you need help!
        Dave Bexfield
        ActiveMSers

Comment

Hey Dave,
          I had a relaspe, so I had 5 day infusion and then I caught the flu. So when it was time for me to return the unit I had not used it for two weeks. Doesn't work well on steroids- too much fluid on board I think. Anyway the sales rep ( very nice guy Mark ) arranged for my trial to extend two weeks! I didn't even ask. So I just started using it today I had a great hour run in 4 degrees weather. Works well in the cold.
          I really did not feel well for a few weeks so I hadn't even thought about the Bioness and my review. I will start again in the morning.
          But I can't believe I could run for an hour after how bad I have been feeling.
          Jill
          Last edited by sulgrifjewls; 01-04-2013, 11:01 AM.

Comment

No worries, Jill. Relapse and flu? Yikes! Just let me know if you need me to call over there....
            Dave Bexfield
            ActiveMSers

Comment

Working...
            X