Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First dental appointment since Covid began, and....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First dental appointment since Covid began, and....

So I had my first dental appointment since December of 2019, and it went, well, hmm. And since I neglected to inform them in advance of my wheelchair usage, my station was a touch too cozy to snug up to the dental seat to transfer. They said they often have done exams with people staying in their wheelchairs. Interesting, and uncomfortable, I imagined. I can't wait to read about another MSers going through that! And then it dawned on me that I COULD BE THAT HERO.

It went about as well as expected. The occasional neck kink. Drool. The hygienist trying to have a conversation with me even though her hand is in my mouth. But no issues whatsoever with my teeth. But unfortunately I got vertigo two days later!!! Moving my head in ways it wasn't supposed to move may have dislodged those darn crystals in my ear. I reset them with a week of those vertigo exercise, but it was no fun. Next time I'll transfer to the dental chair! You're welcome.
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Dave, good self care post! It’s so easy to push all the different appointments off with COVID. I go to dentist every 3 months because I have problems brushing well. I ask for a rolled towel under my lower back and wear safety goggles because the hygienist’s face is so close to my eyes. I also take early morning appointments because the air is cleaner in office in the morning from the air filter. I got no solution for how to talk with someone’s hands in your mouth. I think it’s something they teach at dental school.

Comment

Working...
    X