Simple addition to standard walker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple addition to standard walker

See the simple addition to the standard walker? Allows my friend to stand straight and rest his arms like with Canadian crutches. This is a really useful creation.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Very clever! Having a well stocked metal shop here on the farm, I've build several items to make my life easier over the last 20 years. Sure makes life easier!
    Retired engineer, now hobby farmer with goats, chickens, an old dog,and a lazy barn cat!
    Watch my goats at GoatsLive.com
    Active in amateur radio
    Linux geek, blogging at lnxgoat.com
    M.S. since 2000

Comment

Hi GoatHerder,
      the device is used by one of my market customers. Hard to believe that John and I finished another year of farming!
      John took a chance and planted late crops so at the last market…last Saturday…I was selling green beans, sugar snap peas, sweet peppers and sunflowers!
      today a friend came over and helped to put some equipment away for winter. It is a massive job but if we do it right next spring is a lot easier.
      I have had 3 full doses of the Moderna vaccine and I guess I will get a booster in a few months. I think there has been some concern about protection if one is getting rituxan.so I had the third shot a month or more ago. How are you doing? I think I hand dug at least 100 bushels of fingerling potatoes this summer. Crawl and dig, crawl and dig…that’s life!!

Comment

Hey! I am trying to start a new post but can not find the way!
        so, I wanted to post that I had 2 shots of evusheld yesterday. (One shot in each buttock)
        I feel that I have a protective bubble around me. This drug was granted emergency use status a week or so ago. I have friends who tried hard to contact their MS doctors and centers but, as of now, there is a big shortage. Don’t know how it came to this old farmer in small town but, I got it!
        one reason I was eligible may have been extreme reactions to my 2nd and 3rd vaccination shot.

if I cannot find a way to post you could start one and I can answer anyone’s questions?!

i used a different tablet and found I could post through that one!
        Last edited by MSLazarus; 12-31-2021, 09:21 AM.

Comment

I just caught your post on this addition and it peaked my interest. ! I found what looks like a similar device on Amazon called “med
          Line walker platform” Description says allows to stand upright and good for poor arm strength. Reviews by purchasers say it works best with one on each side and need a certain walker set up to attach. My physiotherapist suggested I get walker with arms awhile back but I wanted to tryout before purchase, which I discovered is not possible, at least here in my big metro area . And I also couldn’t decide my main purpose - for outside walking or indoor use such as at museum, store, restaurant, or even cooking in home. Getting walker is big emotional leap for me, and I can’t afford 2 styles. I didn’t want to get one that didn’t meet any of my needs. I love the anklier for outside but it is a bit pricey. I love walking on air blogger’s info on walkers, but again pricey step. I’ve looked at stationary stools to sit on while cooking, and there are different designs. I especially liked the stools which allow to lean your bum on seat, which allows quick rest and easier maneuverability on and off seat as you cook. I welcome any info about devices any of you found helpful to stay mobile in and out of home, and if you found a way to try out the device before settling on one. Thank you !!!

Comment

“Get it before you need it”…..that is the advice given to me when I was first diagnosed. It turns out to be the best advice I got! From the beginning my mind set has been to get whatever it would take for me to keep farming.

the most useful item I have used since then is a 3 wheeled walker. Like a triangle…with solid rubber big tires. Has hand brakes. This type of rollator does not have a seat but if I am in a restaurant or at a theatre I can easily maneuver my way to my location.

I did buy a Segway when they first came on the scene. It was great but too tough to use here in New England. If I were younger or living in a place with paved smooth roadways…maybe. I do not use it anymore. But it corrects for balance issues 100 times a second.

I have used lots of scooters ……..some fit easily into my Outback and some are useful outside on my farm. Palmer is a NY company that makes a scooter I use a lot when outside the house.

a friend bought an office type chair on wheels to scoot around her kitchen and she still cooks up a storm!

Comment

Thanks for tips, MSlazarus! Always good to hear 1st hand reports of what is helpful.

Comment

Working...
              X