Bulky vest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulky vest

I just thought I would post since I just received my Glacier Tek vest. I got the "classic" vest (with zipper) in pink and I think it is fairly bulky. I would be very self conscious wearing it in public. I wore it to our neighborhood playground amongst friends and they agreed that it looks a lottle odd...It looks like a pink life vest! Alternatively, the cooling power is super. So, my fault is with my vanity...

I might try the arctic heat vest and see how it works...

Ah, the cost of vanity. Unfortunately the Holy Grail of cooling vests has yet to be discovered: totally hidden and totally cool and super lightweight. Oh, and affordable. You may like the ArcticHeat vest, but it still will look a bit odd (but be less bulky).
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Comment

Vanity wins....

Yes, so I ordered the arctic heat vest in white like you had, Dave in your review pics. I am going to return the Glacier Tek one, again, mostly for vanity sake....

Also, I wanted to mention that just wearing it around the house and doing something routine like putting sunscreen on my 2 squirmy kids, I thought it was too bulky for me.

I am hoping the Arctic heat vest is less bulky with greater mobility...

Comment

It will definitely be less bulky, which is the main reason why I really like it for sports. Let me know how it does for more routine tasks. My two main areas of concern: length of cooling and dampness to your lower shirt. Also let me know if you look as good as that woman in their marketing photos, ha. So unfair.
        Dave Bexfield
        ActiveMSers

Comment

Dave -
          I will make you a deal... If I look as good as her I will be sure to POST a picture!

I will mostly be wearing it in situations where I would be sweaty anyway, so we'll see how it goes.

Comment

Working...
          X