Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lyme Disease—A Ticking Time Bomb (article)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lyme Disease—A Ticking Time Bomb (article)

iConquerMS, a highly respected organization I used to volunteer for, just released their newest newsletter with an article about Lyme disease and multiple sclerosis: Lyme Disease—A Ticking Time Bomb. I recommend you give it a read (and thank you, ICMS, for the plug!). If you have not yet joined the nonprofit, please do so. The data they collect from patients like yourself could be key to unlocking MS secrets.

https://www.acceleratedcure.org/site...ime%20Bomb.pdf
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Does anyone have experience with testing for Lyme at the Armin test lab in Germany? They offer the Elispot test that is apparently between 20 and 200 times more sensitive than a conventional ELISA.

Comment

Originally posted by pattymoore02@gmail.com View Post
      Does anyone have experience with testing for Lyme at the Armin test lab in Germany? They offer the Elispot test that is apparently between 20 and 200 times more sensitive than a conventional ELISA.
      I do. I have used Armin twice. I tested initially to see if I was positive. Then I did a treatment protocol and tested again to see if it worked (it did - minimally but I still had Lyme).

I would highly recommend Armin. They are pricey but Dr. Armin really seems to care. My husband is a chiropractor so he drew my blood. But, you can have it drawn at a lab and then send it off to Germany yourself. Once the results were in my husband emailed back and forth with Dr. Armin a number of times. Dr. Armin, himself, actually responded and was quite helpful. He gave us the BEST treatment protocol to follow (this is quite contrary to what most North American doctors will agree to or what is considered "approved"). We did the protocols, retested, and while my lab numbers did go down they never disappeared. But, then I had had Lyme for over 5 years at that point.

If you want any additional info feel free to send me a message. I am more than happy to help. I've been through testing, antibiotics, PICC lines, IV antibiotics, etc etc.

Comment

Thanks very much for that. I’m on the fence about sending my blood. Can you tell me what made you decide to investigate a Lyme diagnosis? I’m fairly new here so maybe your story is already within the posts.

Comment

Thanks very much for that. I’m on the fence about sending my blood. Can you tell me what made you decide to investigate a Lyme diagnosis? I’m fairly new here so maybe your story is already within the posts.
          I was bitten, pulled the tick off, and developed the bullseye rash. Presented to my MD who ran tests (not Lyme tests....sigh) and declared me as "fine". The rest is history, as they say.

FYI.....even after all that my ELISA came back negative years later despite never being treated for Lyme. That test is seriously flawed.

Comment

What were your symptoms?

Comment

What were your symptoms?
              Very early on.....

Headache, swollen lymph nodes, fatigue. To be honest, I'm not someone who dwells on symptoms or illness. I had two kids, my son was a competitive sailor and avid SCUBA diver. I didn't have time to be sick. I just kept going. I know, stupid. But that's just how/ who I am.

Later......I had intermittent night time tremors. I had fatigue. But, again, I shrugged it off. At that time I had a home daycare so I just thought it was the job. I figured I was always lifting and on the go. Again - I know, I know!

July 2020 ( bitten in July 2015)....I got tremors in my legs. I felt like I might fall down. The neck and shoulder stiffness was terrible. I started tripping a lot while moving around the house. I would intermittently drop my fork. This is when I showed up at my doctor's office. I demanded to be tested for Lyme. Then I was referred to a neurologist and had an MRI. Lesions, a number of lesions. I had new lesion(s) for every MRI since.

Dec & March 2020/2021......Armin labs testing
              Dec-Feb 2020/2021......Bunher protocol and 90 days of minocycline as recommended by Dr. Armin

October 2021......PICC line and IV administered ceftriaxone as prescribed by head of infectious disease in my city. 21 days of this antibiotic. He confirmed that based on symptoms and my pictures of my tickbite that I had Lyme. His ELISA was also negative.

Of note - I had optic neuritis in April of 2013. So, Lyme or MS? Both? I was officially diagnosed with MS in April 2021.

Comment

Has the protocol worked for some of your symptoms?

Comment

Working...
                X