Foot drop devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foot drop devices

I am starting to research foot drop aides, specifically Ness L 300. Has anyone out there used one of these devices and what were your thoughts.

Thanks

Hello, I looked at the Ness but chose the Walkaid (WA) instead. If you're interested the advantages for me were:

1. WA only required a single AA battery to operate. I already had enough devices to charge every night! And it's easy to carry a spare battery.

2. WA does not require the heel sensor so I could use it while barefoot.

3. Price - WA was cheaper. And after reading a number of reviews I noticed a pattern of complaints around the Ness requiring costly proprietary battery replacements. Although that was 4 years ago. Might not be an issue anymore. And it turned out in the end that FES devices were covered by health insurance

Either way without the WA I would not be able to walk so no regrets.

Good luck!

"the only difference between a happy ending and a sad ending is where you decide the story ends."
    — Andrew Kaufman

Comment

PT folks are looking at foot drop braces for me so far they found hard plastic, a boot type thing and very expensive custom molded brace.

What is a foot drop that needs batteries? All of this is new to me..

Thanks
      Terry

Comment

Hey Terry,

They work like this http://www.walkaide.com/patients/Pag...AideWorks.aspx

I tried the plastic brace, quite uncomfortable

Comment

foot drop brace

I use an ossur foot-up. It's light and easy to move with. I even run with it on. My PT gave me one for $50, but you can get them on amazon as well.

I do not fall nearly as often now. The falls that I have had were while I wasn't wearing it.

Comment

Working...
          X